- Christine Balais,
- Born in Redon, Bretagne
- IHK-certified Sommelière (German Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
Favourite Subjects / Main Focus
- Organising international wine trips and accompanying them as a travel guide
- Comparative tastings: France / Germany
- Southern France: from Roussillon to Provence
- A tour through the Loire Valley
- Bordeaux: a puzzle of fascinating areas
- Exciting topics from overseas: South Africa and California
- Consultancy services for the catering and trade sector (design of product assortment, wine lists etc.)
Moderation languages: German & French
- Travel agent in France
- Owner of two restaurants in the German high-end catering business for 15 years
- Freelance sommelière since 1998
- Assistant to the Board of Sommelier-Union Germany; main tasks: promotion of young talents and wine tours
- ury member of internationally renowned sommelier championships, such as Trophée Ruinart, and for competitions organized by leading (wine) trade magazines, e.g. „Vinum“, „Capital“, „Wein + Markt“, „Busche Verlag“ etc.
- Christine Balais has organised more than 60 trips on 3 continents, covering 11 countries and 65 wine regions within 15 years, taking approx. 800 experts to the top producers of the respective regions on her professionally organised tours.
- Presentations at „Weinwelt“ 2005 and 2006 at the Olympic Stadium in Munich with 3,500 guests.
- Several different TV projects for WDR Cologne, with Harald Schmidt amongst others
- Many years of supporting and promoting the regions Loire and Roussillon on the German market.